3/28/14

Accepted, No Longer In Consideration, and Pending...And What They Mean

Hello! Hope you're all having a wonderful day (:

Today we'll be talking about what happens when you finally get your application decision from Disney. There are three possible messages you can get (and we all know which one you're hoping for):
1. Accepted
2. Pending
3. No Longer in Consideration

During the application process for my first college program, I waited 3 weeks, only to get a message that my status was Pending (shown to the left). So what does that mean, you ask? Pending just means that they haven't made a decision on you yet. Getting that message can be extremely discouraging, but don't let it get you down. You're really still in the same boat that you were before you got the email, just waiting for a solid decision. After I was pended, I got on with normal life and honestly, when I got my acceptance, I had forgotten all about it, assuming that they were just going to deny me. My acceptance came a little over 3 weeks after I had been pended, although many people have to wait even longer. The latest they can inform you of a decision is mid December for Spring applicants and mid April for Fall applicants.

The next option, the one we've all been waiting for, is Accepted! It's probably one of the best feelings in the world to see a message from Disney Recruiting in your inbox that begins with the word Congratulations. You stressed yourself out, researched everything you possibly could, and did your best in the interviews, and it has finally paid off.   Good job! If you're in this boat right now, we'll talk about the steps that are in your future soon enough. (:

The last option, and unfortunately the one that really takes guts to face, is when you receive the email letting you know that you are No Longer in Consideration. There are a lot of you out there getting this message, but please don't let it ruin all of your hopes and dreams. Things really do happen for a reason, and it just wasn't your time to go work for Disney. Keep your head up! If this is an experience you truly want, just reapply for the next semester, and keep trying until you get it. If it is meant to be, it will be!

For all of you who have gotten that long-awaited Acceptance email, stay tuned for my next post, all about your next steps in the program!
Katelynn

No comments:

Post a Comment